Don’t miss the Natural Remedies to Remove Stretch Marks Infographic below the article!
Stretch marks aren’t something people want to see on their skin. Stretch marks show on people’s skin differently. They can look like pink, red, or purple streaks that can appear everywhere on the body. Pregnancy, weight gain, medication, or certain diseases can cause them. It also depends on how long you’ve had them on your body and the type of skin you have, so the appearance and cause can vary. Overall, stretch marks can be taken care of right from your home. There are natural remedies that can help you to get rid of them, so you can see the natural, flawless skin underneath the stretch marks.
Lemon juice is helpful in smoothing out the stretch marks and letting them slowly diminish. The acid within lemon juice is what helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, acne, and scars.
- Apply lemon juice on a cotton ball.
- Apply the lemon juice to stretch marks.
- Keep on for 10 minutes.
- Clean off with warm water.
Sugar can be used as a natural exfoliate for the skin. It can get rid of the dead skin and allow the new, radiant skin surface.
- Add a tbsp. of sugar, 4 drops of almond oil, and 4 drops of lemon juice until it is stirred well.
- Apply directly on stretch marks.
- Rub for 8-10 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water or take a shower.
Essential oils are excellent helpers to treat stretch marks and can do wonders for other issues as well.
- Apply 2 teaspoons of almond oil, half teaspoon of lavender oil, and a half-teaspoon of chamomile oil together.
- Apply directly to the marks.
- Let oils dry on the stretch marks.
Tea Tree Oil
With its anti-viral, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties, it is effective to treat many skin problems.
- Massage tea tree oil on the stretch marks.
- Allow the tea tree oil to dry on the stretch marks.
Egg whites are rich in protein and amino acids, helping to reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Extract the whites of two eggs.
- Whip the egg whites with a fork.
- Wash the stretch marks with clean water.
- Apply a thick layer of egg whites with a brush.
- Let the layer dry completely.
- Wash off the layer with cold water.
- Apply some olive oil to moisturize the skin.
Alfalfa leaves contain amino acids, which maintain the proper health of the skin. It is rich in vitamin E, K, and proteins that can improve the body tone. Also, it carries anti-fungal properties that detoxify the skin.
- Combine alfalfa powder with a few drops of chamomile oil to form a paste.
- Rub the paste on the stretch marks.
- Do this three times a day.
These natural remedies help to heal the stretch marks over time. You may not see results quickly, but you can start seeing your stretch marks leaving within weeks or months after using these remedies. Comment and let us know if any of these worked for you.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!