Don’t miss the Natural Pest Control Remedies Infographic below the article!
The first step to controlling ants is to make sure you do not have any food or crumbs sitting out that may attract ants. If they still show up, try some of the natural pest control remedy tips listed below:
- Set cucumber peels or slices by the ants’ point of entry. According to eartheasy.com, ants have a natural aversion to cucumber and the slices will keep them from coming in.
- Set dry, crushed mint leaves, cloves or mint tea bags by the areas with the most ants.
- Set a line of cayenne pepper, citrus oil, lemon juice, cinnamon, or coffee grounds by the ants’ point of entry.
- For ants on your deck, set garlic cloves in between the cracks.
To avoid cockroaches in your home, make sure your bathroom and kitchen are always clean. If you find cockroaches, wash the area with soap and vacuum. If the problem persists, try these natural cockroach defense techniques:
- As stated by eartheasy.com, catnip is a natural repellent to cockroaches. Set small bags of catnip in areas where cockroaches are active. Also, add a small amount of water to catnip and spray on baseboards and behind counters. Do not use catnip if you have a cat in your home.
- Set bay leaves, cucumber slices, or garlic in areas where cockroaches are active.
With summer coming, mosquitoes are becoming more active and are therefore more likely to somehow get inside your home and gather around outside. The best way to get rid of mosquitoes is to seal their point of entry. In addition, try these natural pest control remedy methods:
- If you have a grill, put sage or rosemary on the coals to ward off mosquitoes.
- Mix a little bit of garlic juice in water in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray on your body for a natural repellent. You can also soak strips of cotton cloth in this mixture and hang in areas where mosquitoes are active. Learn how to make your own herbal insect repellent here.
- Marigold flowers give off a fragrance that bugs do not like, so plant them around your home to ward of mosquitoes. Learn more here: Herbs That Keep Mosquitoes Away
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!