If you’ve worn makeup, you know the annoyance that comes with removing it, but any fan of makeup also knows the importance of doing so. Therefore it is a great idea to have a quality and effective makeup remover on hand.
Store-bought makeup removers are not the best option, however, because they are expensive and contain various ingredients, some that are completely indecipherable. Instead, try making your own all-natural makeup remover right at home.
Learning how to make natural eye makeup remover, and other herbal products, is easier than you think! The recipes listed below are safe and gentle for the eyes and work just as well-or better-than commercial makeup removers.
Don’t miss the How to Make Natural Eye Makeup Remover Infographic below the article!
How to Make Natural Eye Makeup Remover Recipe #1:
This quick and simple “how to make natural eye makeup remover” recipe is provided by girlmeetsnourishment.com:
- 2 ounces witch hazel
- 2 ounces olive oil
- Mix ingredients in a clean container
Shelf life: about a year
How to Make Natural Eye Makeup Remover Recipe #2:
Dailymom.com provides this “how to make natural eye makeup remover” recipe for a coconut oil based remover:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of all natural or organic liquid face soap
- Heat 1 cup of water in a small sauce pan until it is boiling (to remove impurities in water)
- Let water cool so that it is warm, but cool enough to handle
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil to the warm water
- Stir to combine coconut oil and water
- Add 1 tablespoon of liquid face soap and stir
- Let mixture cool
Shelf life: about 6 months
Image courtesy of rakratchada torsap, freedigitalphotos.net
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!